Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Amsterdam New Travel Article


I achieve my goaland the winds will blow me away. It is stormy in Broek inWaterland, Amsterdam10 kilometres awayit seems no differentAmsterdam,you I explore the next few days. Be ready. The year is still young, not even reallyawake, it is the 1st January 2015.

Who embarks on January 1, after one of the shortest nights on travelWhy thekey just put it on the first day of the year in the ignition lock and moves on, justto exhausted somewhere to arrive?

I say: How can start a year better.

And my year starts in Broek. For three nights I have no bigger than my living room at home rented a small cottage two floor,. I'm getting off, crack my bones,and I'm trying to imagine the neighborhood in the dark: right a little, about 5 mwide channel, a boat is on the shore. Left grazing land, because rear mow a fewsheep. It seems almost idyllic and I guess the big city next door hardly.

The wind greeted me at once again. I lean with my whole body weight againstthis wall of air and it works, I come forward and reach this small cottage in themiddle of the nowhereThe greeting is sweet, one wishes a happy new year andnow I get first recommendations. One of the recommendations has anything todo with a hotel, I write it down me for tomorrow.

The next morning is promising blue and clear, the Sun tickles my skin, or maybeit's also the cold. I can't get back any good weather, I'm looking forward to wideviews and go in the city.

The eleventh floor

Parking in Amsterdam is expensive. The hostess recommended a parking garageat central station: Parkeergarage Centrum OosterdokFrom five hours parkinghere pays the 24-hour rate for 10 EU and this is really a good price.

Now this hotel is on the list and a short time later I'm at the Double Tree Hilton.It didn't take long, it's actually right next to the parking lot and I wonder: in ahotel sneak, how is that possible? FinallyI'm not a guest and the doorman lookscertainly. Do I enter the lobby through a revolving door, hurry to the elevatorand it just opens its doorsI breathe in and out, press the button for the lastfloor and smile: it wasn't hard, that's it.

And then I enter the Sky Lounge and am overwhelmed. The Windows are large, Iam welcomed friendly and get out on the sun deck, in the cold winterEvenmore guests are here and take pictures, enjoy the panoramic view of the cityand make a picture of Amsterdam. I see from here the many small canals, thetourist attractions museums included the port of, the tracks of the main railway station and many small, moving points: seagulls, ships, people on bicycles.

I'm hungry, there was still no breakfast and I enter sugar & spice, a small shop inthe Zeedijk, and can't decide, everything sounds delicious. The choice falls onthe hummus & Roasted Peppers sandwich and I realize when the first bite that Iwant to eat nothing else in my lifeWhat do we do next? Yes, what do you do inAmsterdam?

Paper boat and Ghost ship

Visited, it rushes from one Museum to another, often standing on traveling art exhibitions in long lines to wait on his ticket and then you can see barely theactual before all other visitors.

The light Festival, an annually recurring art exhibition in Amsterdam, is different.

The concept is simple: A selection of international artists placed their illuminatedartworks and projects anywhere in Amsterdam. This art exhibition differs fromother exhibitions particularly in one point: freedom.

The light Festival is free and outdoors. I am so in one of the many boats thatstart at the main train station, window seatThe Sun reflects the water on theboat decks, almost like a disco ball. I have a plan: A little the canals pass throughand alight at a beautiful spot, looking for the next work of art of the Festival andthen the next and the next.

These are tulips, which go under the waterA vast circle of lights spanning abridge. A House of cards, the Paperboat (unfortunately not on the high seas)and a Ghost ship, just order some works of art to name a few. By the wayI findthe most beautiful places of the city: herea park bench along the river Amstel,the traffic light men are somehow more beautiful, gulls sitting on a bridge railing and fly away as I me knees to change the film in my camera. And all thesenice cyclists. And bicycles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...