Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Four summer days in Vienna


 The railway is not, everything is relaxed andcalm. It is end of may, the summer is announced and I'm on my way to the Austrian capital.

Four summer days in Vienna, a city of full of colors and all people on this trip Ibrought only a black and white film. My bag with the camera rests heavily onthe shoulders when I get off the train in Vienna Meidling. Immediately I'm running against a wall made of heat - Vienna is hot. In Würzburgit was stillfeels like 10 ° C cooler, here quickly to warm my yellow raincoat. The townshows me right at the beginning of her most beautiful face and makes mesweatQuick in the bus to the hotel, the orientation system of the publictransportation is excellent and a very affordable day ticket.

I arrived at the hotel to throw the raincoat in the corner, will no longer need itthe next few daysI can unpack later, I think, replace sneakers to sandals andtrain ticket against city map and I put the sunglasses on the nose. At the firststep, on the road I feel the warmth of the Sun and run off into the city.

Vienna is great. Even if that was never really aware that it is not entirelysurprising. I run through the Gustav-Hunter Park Mariahilfer Straße and landingsome time later in the MuseumsquartierThe Museum quarter is full of peoplewho enjoy their evening, almost all the seats are occupiedand almost all have acool drink in hand: I need this now. The evening is rounded off.

Kaiserschmarren and Viennese melange

I enter the Café Prückel located directly on the ring line and am about thewaiters dressed in suit, the big pink anniversary banner with the beautiful fontand sit at a small table outside, because it's still summer, it is still hot. "Hello,what will it be, Madam?" I order Kaiserschmarrn with plum sauce and ice, Wienermelange and Sacher cake, one has nothing else.

What pleased me: the Lord at the table behind me, who relaxed with wine andcigarette solves a crossword puzzle, the older couple next to me ordered thesecond piece cake laughing and at the back, just below the pink transparent, aman reads the newspaper very engrossedAlso when I go he's still there and I'm going to get my camera out of the bag. He looks up and sees me. But when I'mdone with focus and press the shutter, he already again only has eyes for hisreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...